How do I know that I might have immunodeficiency?
- 10 Warning Signs of Immunodeficiency
- Do you have problems with recurrent infection of the ears (otitis), sinuses (sinusitis) or lungs (pneumonia)?
- Do you receive antibiotics several times per year for recurrent infections?
- Do you have continued symptoms even though you are taking antibiotics?
How is immunodeficiency diagnosed?
- We will take your medical history and perform a physical exam.
- You may have blood or other specialized testing performed.
What can be done about immunodeficiency?
- Using the medical history, physical exam and blood testing results, we will develop a plan to help prevent and treat infections.
- This may include medications or intravenous immunoglobulin infusions.
Links to The Immune Deficiency Foundation (IDF) Educational Materials:
Links to websites for more information on Primary Immunodeficiency:
If you use gamma products you are eligible to register for assurance programs.
Hizentra, Privigen and Carimune NF: www.CSLBehringAssurance.com
Gamunex: Patient Connexions