COVID-19 (Corona Virus) Updates
We have been keeping ourselves informed about the latest updates regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) during the past several weeks. Breathe Easy Allergy & Asthma remains committed to keeping our patients and our team safe and healthy. Breathe Easy Allergy & Asthma is implementing the following procedures until the current COVID-19 outbreak has been stabilized. We are OPEN to new and existing patients. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Expanded Hours Effective 8/24/2020
- All shot visits must be scheduled in advance
- We are practicing social distancing measures
- We ask that all patients wear masks
- Due to LCMC policy extra visitors/guests are not permitted at this time
- All patients will have temperatures scanned
* Open for select in person appointments, biologics, and shots
Dr. Kamboj is providing telemedicine visits for new and existing patients for all your health needs, including answering questions about COVID-19 that you might have during this uncertain time. Even though your first visit may be a telemedicine appointment you can expect the same quality of care aas an in-person visit. Dr Kamboj is able to provide a comprehensive evaluation of yours symptoms, offer management guidance, prescribe medications, answer questions and establish a plan of care for your health.
- Please be present in a quiet well lit home or office setting. We ask that you not be driving or running errands during your visit
- Both parent/guardian/ or adult and child must be available for patients < age 18.
- Please be available 5-10 minutes before your scheduled time and allot 30-40 minutes for your appointment in case the provider is running late.
- Tablets and computers are preferred means for telehealth although visits can be completed via smartphones. Please connect to wifi/internet and enable speakers. Sometimes cell signals are not reliable to provide sufficient audio and visual support and having a landline or another cellphone available is helpful in completing the visit.
We are continuing allergy injections for asthma patients on maintenance immunotherapy at this time. Shot appointments must be scheduled in advance. Maintenance shots can be spaced for 40 days an without a delay in schedule. We are taking precautions to minimize risk of exposure. Patients will be screened for fever and cough as they enter the West Jefferson Physician Office Lobby and again in our office. We plan to reintroduce allergy shots for all patients age < 65 on April 21st. Please call ahead to schedule an appointment as we are implementing physical distancing measures.
We are also continuing with biologic therapy (Xolair, Dupixent, Nucala, Fasenra). Patients on biologic therapy are advised to call us to discuss a plan to receive these injections.
We will be happy to provide refills for active patients. Please call our staff to schedule a Telemedicine visit if needed.
Social Distancing Policies
In accordance with CDC guidelines, we are practicing social distancing to the best of our ability. This is a rapidly changing situation, and we will continue to update our policies as we learn more. The health and wellness of our patients and team is of the utmost importance to us. We greatly appreciate your flexibility as we help you Breathe Easy in the Big Easy.
We thank you for your support and cooperation during this time of crisis.